Alright all, since we're growing fairly fast it's time we laid down some modicum of conduct. This is pretty mundane stuff and of course will be interpreted on a case-by-case basis.
Rules of Riders of Havoc:
- 1. Don't start flame wars. That means don't insult people out of the blue or for petty reasons. Insulting someone for being a repeated idiot or troll is alright.
- 2. No trolling. Pretty obvious.
- 3. No racism, sexism, etc. you guys know the idea.
No spamming. This means no repetitive or inane posts that contribute
nothing to the discussion (we're pretty liberal about joke posts,
however). Example (read the entire page to get the idea).
- 5. Duping and account sharing is forbidden.
- 6. Don't misuse reports. By all means report stupid bullshit to a mod but don't don't come to us whining because a poster called you out on your bs, for example.
- 7. No posting adult-oriented content outside the Adult subsection.
- 8. No politics, religion, or other real world issues outside the Serious Business section.
- 9. Don't start duplicate topics (we do have a forum search in case you aren't sure).
- 10. Don't start inane or pointless topics like this.
The punishments for breaking these rules is as follows:
- 1st offense: Unofficial warning (you will receive a warning from a staff member via PM).
- 2nd offense: Official warning using the forum's warning system.
- 3rd offense: One week ban.
- 4th offense: One month ban.
- 5th offense: Three month ban.
- 6th offense: Permanent ban.
These rules may be amended or changed whenever we desire to and for any reason we deem necessary.
Pretty simple stuff. Don't be terrible is the cardinal rule of course. If you want to discuss the rules or have objections to something that's done, etc. the Forum Issues thread is the appropriate place.
Update 1 (05/26/12): Warnings, both official and unofficial, expire three months after their issuance.
This topic has been locked by a moderator, you can no longer reply